Every year, and especially during the summer, the DAP Student Club works hard to put together as many networking events as we can for the benefit of our DAP student members. We would like to thank you for your participation and attendance. That being said, we would also like to post a few guidelines for attending these events to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
- Be diligent with emails. Confirmations, invitations, and problems regarding your RSVP will be communicated via email. It is your responsibility to diligently check your email if you are serious about attending a DAP Event. Any missed deadlines due to lack of email access will, unfortunately, not be considered a reasonable excuse.
- Take due care confirming payments. It is your responsibility to ensure payment is completed and confirmed if a DAP event requires payment along with RSVP. Please take due care in confirmations of payments via PayPal. While we will attempt to contact you if a payment is missing, there will be an indicated deadline for us to receive your payment. No exceptions will be accepted for late payments (unless there is a reasonable excuse), and you spot will be extended to a student on the waitlist.
- Arrive on time. Do note that DAP Club events are gatherings of Accounting Professionals. Out of respect to the attendees and the Event Planners, arrivals of 15 minutes past the indicated start time will not be admitted entrance. The DAP Club understands that there might be factors beyond the control of the attendee, but please realize that tardiness is a sign of disrespect to the event and its attendees. Please plan your commute or any prior engagements on the day of the event while considering all external factors to ensure a prompt arrival time. Ensure that you arrive with enough time to register and pick up your name tag.
- Dress appropriately. Most of our events require business attire. Out of respect for the firm reps and students, if you do not abide by the dress code, you may be denied admittance to the event. Please refer to your invitation to find out the dress code for a specific event.
- Inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated. In order to ensure that everyone enjoys themselves, anyone who is behaving inappropriately may be asked to leave the event, and may be denied the opportunity to attend future events.
Thank you for your cooperation and continued support of the DAP Student Club. We look forward to seeing you at these events, and hope that these guidelines will help make them a great experience for everyone.